Types of Water Damage
Indoor water damage can severely impact your home or business. With more than 45 years of experience in damage restoration, Certified Carpet Management/Water Emergency Technologies’ professionals can help you control the damage and keep it from spreading further.
There are different categories of water damages and the category helps us determine the extent of the damage and how the water needs to be removed:
- Category 1 (sanitary water)
Water originates from a sanitary water source and does not pose substantial health risks if remediated immediately. Ex: broken water supply lines.
- Category 2 (gray water)
Gray water contaminates all of the affected areas. Gray water contains significant amounts of contamination and can potentially cause discomfort or sickness if contacted or consumed by humans. Ex. discharge from dishwasher or washing machine, broken aquariums, etc.
- Category 3 (contaminated water)
Contaminated water can contain pathogenic, toxigenic or other harmful agents. Ex: sewage, toilet back flows, ground water, flood waters from outside, rivers or streams etc.
Water Emergency Technologies Restoration Services:
- Water Extraction
- Cleaning and Sanitization of Water Effected Areas
- Wet Carpet and Fabric Restoration
- Structural Drying by using state of the art drying equipment
- Hardwood Floor Drying Restoration
- Odor control
- Detection and Elimination of Moisture
Steps to follow in the case of water damage:
- Identify the location and problem.
- Turn the water source off or if necessary call a plumber. Remember water conducts electricity and it is dangerous when it contacts water.
- Call a qualified water loss specialist such as ourselves at 908-273-8901. Immediate response is important to prevent water migration to unaffected areas.
- Call your insurance company and notify them of the water loss.